What to Expect
The, yet, unknown mountain Papuk has challenging slopes perfectly suitable for MTB riding, slightly hilly landscape, and clean macadam roads accompanied by interesting attractions.
Since we love #local, our meeting point is at the Kovačević Winery where we chat next to a cup of morning coffee, tea, and homemade apple strudel. After short instructions by your guide, we start to cycle. At the beginning of the tour, we pass by the picturesque appearance of Daruvar town center and passing through the shade of the Roman park-forest and the most beautiful spa park in Croatia called Julijev Park. Following the road, we are expecting a combination of asphalt and macadam with challenging (shorter) ascents and downhills all the way to the village Vrbovac, Ječmenice to the place called Markovac. We´ll take a break at the Spring route cycling resting place from which we usually enjoy in the viewpoint on surrounding mountains and villages.
We pass through rural settlements through Pakrane place and arrive in Sirač. The municipality of Sirač is known for the remains of the Old Town fortress and the exploitation of mineral resources. From the center, we will walk to the Fortress, rest for a while, and then continue our cycling towards Doljani place where, just before the final destination, the trail treats us with a well-deserved downhill ride and a beautiful view of Daruvar town.
- 09:00 am Meeting point at Kovačević Winery in Daruvar (GPS: 49 Franje Kuhača Street, 43500, Daruvar)
- 10:00 am Start of the tour (duration about 4 hours)
- 02:00 pm Lunch at the Winery
Optional to arrange:
- Wine tasting in Kovačević Winery (payment on the spot),
- Overnight stay,
- Swimming in Daruvar Spa or in the Aquae Balissae Water Park,
- Guided walking tour city of Daruvar accompanied by a local guide.
Know before you go:
- Trail level: 3/5
- Terrain: asphalt 75%, macadam 25%
- Length: about 35 km
- Route: Daruvar – Markovac – Sirač – Doljani – Daruvar
- Make sure you bring sportswear and clothes, a bottle of water, rain or sun protection.
- This tour is not recommended for persons younger than 16 years old.
- No previous experience is required for this tour. However, participants are responsible for being insufficient health and physical fitness to join the trip.
- This tour is weather sensitive. Please note that if the weather is inclement, the tour can be rescheduled or canceled.
During the trip, we are following and adhering to the epidemiological measures and recommendations:
✓ Hand sanitizers are provided for you and our guides during the trip.
✓ A necessary social distance of 1,5 meters outdoors.
✓ If you have symptoms of a respiratory illness (cough, sneezing, fever, shortness of breath) or one of your family members, it is recommended that you cancel your trip.
✓ You can wear protective face masks by your choice.